Apr 17, 2017
Host: Evan Hyde
Guests: Dave Geddes
- Mr. Geddes background, he managed PIMS group at Bechtel for
15yrs. For the past 15yrs, he has been doing feasibility studies
for new refinery projects and updating refinery LP
- Crude oil supplies and characteristics with a focus on
traditional and nontraditional crudes, naphthenic vs parafinic
crudes and properties.
- What is an assays and how differences can be expected
between the predicted vs actual in the model and in the
- Certain assays vary over time over time - which crudes
vary the most and why?
- Impacts on key refining processes including
mischaracterization of yields for novel feedstocks. For example
how paraffinic cracking yields are better for FCC but
naphthenic are better for HDC
Twitter: @RefiningCommunity or @Cokingcom
Variety of Linkedin groups as well.